Connecting the Device to Your Computer
You can connect the device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Plug the small end of the USB cable into the port on the device.
- Plug the larger end of the USB cable into a port on your computer.A picture of your device connected to a computer appears on the device screen.Depending on your computer operating system, the device appears as either a portable device, a removable drive, or a removable volume.
Installation on a PC (Windows) |Connect Garmin GPS to Laptop
The installation consists of the following steps:
- Installation of the Garmin USB driver software
- Installation of the Garmin Communicator Plugin
- Performing a test to see if your web browser detects your Garmin device
You can find more information about these step further on this page.
The following web browsers are supported by the Garmin Communicator Plugin:
- Internet Explorer 7 and higher
Google Chrome does not longer support usage of the Garmin Communicator Plugin.